Monday, November 2, 2009

NaBloPoMo

Thanks to Jenni for the heads up on this. (Hi, Jenni! http://nbjenni.blogspot.com)

Thirty posts in 30 days, that's all it takes to participate. I think I can handle that!

I'm already doing a post every day for my other blog, The Exponential Penny Experiment (http://exponentialpenny.blogspot.com) And I post almost every day here, anyway. So why not make the commitment?

Today's recipe? A quickie, just like this post.

Got some leftover pizza crust? Fancy it up as a quick and easy appetizer. Cut in strips (works with dough or a pre-cooked crust). Brush with olive oil (or butter...I'm not your priest or your doctor. You don't have to confess to me.). Sprinkle with herbs and spices.

This is a great way to introduce a kid to the new flavors of spices they might not have encountered yet. Dill, fennel, basil, marjoram. Try them one at a time, or experiment with how they work together. Dill and some chopped garlic is a favorite of mine. Add a smattering of cheese (again, whatever kind you want to try), and bake at 400 for about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment